Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Help I need advice on web hosting

StacyNex

Novice
Hi,

I'm seeking advice on setting up a small website for my new company. I hope you can help me choose a domain name and hosting provider.
Here's some context:

• I'm on a tight budget, so I'm looking for something that won't cost more than $10/month.
  • My target audience is located in the UK.
  • WordPress is the best CMS for my needs, as I'm not an expert, and I need a simple website to showcase my company and its services.
  • I don't have any experience with managing Linux servers or infrastructure.

Here are my questions:

• Is it better to buy the domain name and hosting from the same provider?
  • Is WordPress the best CMS for this type of website? If not, what would you recommend?
  • Is it recommended to have my company's email address associated with my hosting provider? Or should I use a service like Microsoft or Google?
Any other advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I appreciate your help!

• Advertisement
  • Here is my advice:
    • It's better to get your domain through a separate provider.
    • The great thing about WordPress is how large the community is. Due to that, there is such a prominent theme and plugin library available even for free.
    • Web Hosting providers are typically not great for email services; incoming email is typically acceptable, but outbound email can have reputation issues.
    • If you are on a budget and want an email service like Microsoft or Google but for free for up to 5 users, check out Zoho.
    • "Shared Hosting" is good for starters.

Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate you took the time to answer my questions. I will take a look at the options you mention.

Is it better to buy the domain name and hosting from the same provider?
    -- Buy the domain from a domain registrar and hosting from a separate provider.

Is WordPress the best CMS for this type of website? If not, what would you recommend?
    -- It's easy to use WordPress, so the answer is yes.

Is it recommended to have my company's email address associated with my hosting provider? Or should I use a service like Microsoft or Google?
    -- Your email should use your company's domain name, which can be with any email provider.

• Advertisement
  • For managing billing of both you may keep both domain name and hosting account at same provider. But it totally depends on you. If you think domain name is more cheap at somewhere else, you can keep both at separate provider.

WordPress is the most widely used open source and free CMS, which is easy to manage and with a vast community. Large number of people with good solutions to the problems.

It is not necessary to have company's domain name for email . You can use Gmail/Hotmail etc email address as well.

Make sure to go through the customer reviews while selecting web host provider and also visit chat support channel and clear all your doubts before making any purchase.

Advertisement

Back