Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

cPHulk brute force protection annoying warning

Derekfem

Registered
Hello,

I am getting this annoying warning when I try to clear history reports in cPHulk. here is the error:
[iptables] /sbin/ip6tables --list-rules cphulk failed: FATAL: Module ip6_tables not found. ip6tables v1.4.7: can't initialize ip6tables table `filter': Address family not supported by protocol Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded. : The subprocess reported error number 3 when it ended. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/IpTables.pm line 415.

I have GoDaddy's Virtuozzo dedicated server. I ask them for support but they are not providing any help. How can I fix this error?

• Advertisement
  • It seems kernel needs to be updated, unfortunately, on Virtuozzo servers, you cannot update the kernel from your container, this is something the hosting provider would need to do.

I have contacted godaddy, they don't want to update the kernel. Is there any way to disable the ipv6 module and keep the ipv4 as default?

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Back