Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Help Has bad IP reputation ever affected your business?

NocRoom

Novice
I was talking to one of my buddies in email marketing and he told me that even though they're careful, their IP reputation has been affecting them lately. The bad IP reputation of a company can have an immense impact on their business. What do you think about this?

• Advertisement
  • IP reputation is one of the most important aspects of business. Companies rely on it to make decisions about who to do business with, what products and services to offer, and where to invest resources. But can a company's bad IP reputation ever affect its business?

Yes, a company's bad IP reputation can have a negative impact on its business. For example, an online retailer might avoid doing business with a company because of an IP infringement lawsuit that the company is involved in. That could lead to lost sales and decreased market share. In addition, customers may be less likely to buy products or services from a company with a bad IP reputation. Ultimately, this could have a negative impact on the company's revenue and bottom line.

There are ways to mitigate the damage that can be caused by having a bad IP reputation.

All of you guys are making fantastic points, I truly appreciate it.

As a IPv4 broker, it's essential to keep the reputation of your addresses clean. A good reputation means less spam filters, higher email rates, and less chance of being entirely blocked. Of course, it's not always easy to keep a perfect score. Why is this? Most IPv4 addresses have been used before and may have a bad reputation as a result of the actions of previous owners. By keeping your addresses clean, you can avoid these problems and ensure that your emails get delivered. It'll pay off in the long run.

All of you guys are making fantastic points, I truly appreciate it.

As a IPv4 broker, it's essential to keep the reputation of your addresses clean. A good reputation means less spam filters, higher email rates, and less chance of being entirely blocked. Of course, it's not always easy to keep a perfect score. Why is this? Most IPv4 addresses have been used before and may have a bad reputation as a result of the actions of previous owners. By keeping your addresses clean, you can avoid these problems and ensure that your emails get delivered. It'll pay off in the long run.
    Can you get a good deal buying IPv4 with bad email reputation? I could use some IPv4 for selling cheap VMs where the traffic is probably going to be proxied through cloudflare anyway, so the IP reputation doesn't really matter.

I'm curious as to how much IP reputation can affect the price.

I'm curious as to how much IP reputation can affect the price.
    Good question! IP reputation can definitely affect the price your IPv4 broker sets.

For example leasing from Cogent will definitely be cheaper than going through your broker. Cogent is usually one of the cheapest price wise, it should be expected that most blended services are going to come at some type of premium.

It really depends on your needs, some clients may ask for additional IPv4. We've had many clients come from Cogent just because they didn't fit the clients requirements.

• Advertisement
  • No matter how careful the company is, it is still somehow affected by the customers. It seems more logical to separate the servers here.

Advertisement

Back