Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

What do you think is important for you when you choosing a host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alnitech

Registered
Hi Net Hosting Talk members,

We at Alnitech tried to compile a list of important points people need to consider while choosing a new host:
  • Business requirements. It is important to discover what is precise server configuration you need, backup solution, online security, monitoring, uptime, server management service, compliance with geographical requirements and local laws
  • Pricing - Figure out common fees that associated with most providers (monthly rent, license, server management fees, overage charges if any, abuse charges etc. )
  • Reliability- shortly: a company that cannot guarantee 24/7, above 99.9% server uptime should not fit in your list. If your server will be down 1% of the time a year, it will equal to almost 4 days, so 0.1% is ~10h !
  • Host flexibility - purchasing services from a company, which can work with not standard requests and provide custom solutions may benefit to you.
  • Customer support - This is big. You can’t underestimate it. The superiority of the assistance offered is very important. The company should provide professional answers to your questions/problems in a timely manner.
  • Reviews - Find real, honest reviews of people who have used the company’s services.

• Advertisement
  • Hi! 

The price should definitely not be of the utmost importance when it comes to choosing the right web host. But you are right about all the other things you mentioned, especially about the business requirements and host flexibility.
    Few points that could be added to this list are:  

Site Backup
    Your web hosting provider should backup your site regularly, so that you don’t have to worry about your data getting lost.

Upgrade options
    If you expect website growth, than you should consider a host with good upgrade options. 

User-friendly Hosting Control Panel 
    Functional and user-friendly control panel is very important. 

Important thing to remember: There is no perfect web hosting provider, it is more about finding the right one. :)

What is important to me is knowing that my prospective provider has been around the block for a few years, and won't disappear when the school year starts back up. Beyond that of course, great professional support and competitive pricing.

Of course, price does matter when choosing a hosting service, but as for me adequate support as much more important.

As a business, one of your important aim is to maximize profits. By choosing the wrong host for your website creates a negative impact on the income of your business.

These are some points when you don’t choose your hosting according to your needs:
    Loss of Revenue
    Negative Effect on your SEO Ranking
    Security and Malware Attacks

I think qualified support 24x7 with good pricing, Features and Limitations, Customer Review and reliable service are the most important.

I think Factors you need to consider when choosing a Web hosting provider include:
    Price– You want an affordable provider, but you also need reliability.
    ocus Areas or Specialties.
    Features and Limitations.
    Technical Support.
    Features and Add-ons.
    Reputation/Satisfaction/Customer Review is the most important.

Hostdens said:
    I think qualified support 24x7 with good pricing, Features and Limitations, Customer Review and reliable service are the most important.

Totaly agree, but one thing: qualified Support ist one of the important things, you find several reliable providers with good prices and features, but sometimes the support is very bad. You get answers from them...you wonder about it!

- Right location of the data center.
    - 24x7 Support
    - Best Network connectivity
    - Multihomed Network Setup

I think it depends on what you need from a hosting company
    but it can be serval things that would be the same from person to person.
    in my opinion, these are most important things:
    1. Daily Backup
    2. Bandwith
    3. Support
    4. Pricing
    5. Security!
    6. reliability

Hi Net Hosting Talk members,

We at Alnitech tried to compile a list of important points people need to consider while choosing a new host:
    • Business requirements. It is important to discover what is precise server configuration you need, backup solution, online security, monitoring, uptime, server management service, compliance with geographical requirements and local laws
    • Pricing - Figure out common fees that associated with most providers (monthly rent, license, server management fees, overage charges if any, abuse charges etc. )
    • Reliability- shortly: a company that cannot guarantee 24/7, above 99.9% server uptime should not fit in your list. If your server will be down 1% of the time a year, it will equal to almost 4 days, so 0.1% is ~10h !
    • Host flexibility - purchasing services from a company, which can work with not standard requests and provide custom solutions may benefit to you.
    • Customer support - This is big. You can’t underestimate it. The superiority of the assistance offered is very important. The company should provide professional answers to your questions/problems in a timely manner.
    • Reviews - Find real, honest reviews of people who have used the company’s services.

you even need to make sure that the company has good image in the market and thank you for the above information it really helped me alot.

• Advertisement
  • So many great things.

However it really depends on what your plans are for the server. Do you need something cheap for something random you don't care about? If so requirements will be a lot lower.

As with anything the number 1 thing everyone should do no matter who their host is. Backups! Backups! Backups! Off site off the server itself. This will help you in the long run.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Back