Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Bitcoin There are now 34,000 Bitcoin ATMs available worldwide.

LouisChego

Novice
The number of Bitcoin ATMs worldwide declined by over 10 percent between January 2024 and January 2023. As of 2024, there were over 34,000 Bitcoin ATMs all over the world.

• Advertisement
  • How so? I'm not doubting it, but just curious.
    Indian phone scammers have a popular method of luring older people or gullible people into believing they owe the IRS money or they will get in trouble. They then make them go to a Bitcoin ATM to deposit that money to the Indian scam caller's address.

They all charge enough fees to make them completely useless. I checked one ATM about a week ago when BTC was like 62k EUR, and it offered me a rate of 53500 EUR per bitcoin.

• Advertisement
  • They all charge enough fees to make them completely useless. I checked one ATM about a week ago when BTC was like 62k EUR, and it offered me a rate of 53500 EUR per bitcoin.
    These ATMs may, in some areas, and depending on the transaction volume, not even have the need for KYC, allowing you to transact anonymously.

Of course, one may argue about fees, but that also depends on what company is running this ATM. I've seen 2% fees, and I've seen 15 and 20%.

Advertisement

Back