Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Website is not working without www

BarbaraDen

Novice
Hello,

I have the strangest problem with my website. I have a website, and blog, like this: www. mywebsite /blog. The blog works fine. But, when I type mywebsite.com/blog (without www), I get a "500 internal server error".

Does anyone know what the problem is?

• Advertisement
  • Hello,

I have the strangest problem with my website. I have a website, and blog, like this: www.mywebsite/blog. The blog works fine. But, when I type mywebsite.com/blog (without www), I get a "500 internal server error".

Did you look to your httpd or apache error log files ? you can found more information in apache error logs.

If you have webhosting , just open ticket to your webhosting provider.

• Advertisement
  • Hello,

I have the strangest problem with my website. I have a website, and blog, like this: www.mywebsite/blog. The blog works fine. But, when I type mywebsite.com/blog (without www), I get a "500 internal server error".

If you have WordPress on your blog, search for "Really Simple SSL" plugin, install it and activate it. It should fix the issue for you.

Hello,

You should check the web server logs, that's the only way you can see what the problem is. You should post here the error from your logs and maybe we can help you

Advertisement

Back