Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Do I need a .mobi domain to host a mobile website?

xenialre05

Registered
Hello,

I'm a total noob & I want to know where you host a mobile website? Do you need a .mobi domain? because I heard some have mobile-adapted sites without them.

I'm sorry If I'm not coherent enough, till now all I've learned is a theory about how to design it, FTP it and redirect with .htaccess. but there are some loopholes in my knowledge.

I'm sorry if this thread is too confusing.

Thank you for reading!

• Advertisement
  • In fact, nowadays mobile websites are almost similar to usual because most mobile phones have internet browsers. You can host your website at any domain extension you want. dotMobi is an ext where you MUST optimize the website for viewing on a mobile phone.

• Advertisement
  • Hello,

I'm a total noob & I want to know where you host a mobile website? Do you need a .mobi domain? because I heard some have mobile-adapted sites without them.

I'm sorry If I'm not coherent enough, till now all I've learned is a theory about how to design it, FTP it and redirect with .htaccess. but there are some loopholes in my knowledge.

I'm sorry if this thread is too confusing.

Thank you for reading!
    No its not true you just need a good website with any domain name. .mobi is not needed

Advertisement

Back