Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Best VPS configuration for Elastic Search?

javier

Novice
Hi members,

So I plan to experiment with the idea that's been on my mind for months. It goes like this:

Scrape thousands of PDFs online using a Python script. The average size of a PDF would be around 1-4 MB. Read the content of the PDF, Use regex, extract content, and Load it into an elastic search at the same server.

After completing the above step, I need to create a front end using VueJs and point it to elastic search for people to search the content easily. I need your advice on what specs I should buy.

I was looking for 2Vcpu and 2 GB RAM as there won't be any users. Any advice would be grateful.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

• Advertisement
  • Hello @javier

Elasticsearch requires a lot of RAM, at least 8GB, to function. In addition, it requires a lot of CPU as well. We ran it in prod on servers with 128GB of RAM and 24 CPU threads.

Hello @javier

Elasticsearch requires a lot of RAM, at least 8GB, to function. In addition, it requires a lot of CPU as well. We ran it in prod on servers with 128GB of RAM and 24 CPU threads.
    Oh! So I need to go for a large cloud provider like AWS? I will be using it for the development phase for now. I have a VPS with 1vcpu and 2 gb ram. I can probably test and develop my project here, even if it is slow.

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Back